Wednesday, September 19, 2007

If it's not one thing...



Last night I realized - again - that my couch really isn't that conducive to providing a good night's sleep. Why, you ask, was I sleeping on my couch when I have a perfectly comfortable bed? Well, the water heater in the apartment above me sprung a leak over the weekend and I now have a dehumidifier sitting in my bedroom, sucking all of the moisture out of the room. Reasons it does not make a good roommate:

1) It is really quite noisy.
2) I'm asthmatic and with no moisture in the air, I'm unable to breathe. Not ideal.
3) It puts off a surprising amount of heat. The room is like a car that's been sitting in the sun on a hot day with all the windows tightly shut.
4) Window! I'm unable to have the window open, making the air stale stale stale. And did I mention dry?
5) The bedroom door has to be shut and I'm too accustomed to sleeping with it open.

I really think management should have to pay my electricity bill this month or at least make a contribution. I had an industrial fan running for two days and now this dehumidifier. What's next?

This reminds me of the time on my mission when, as a joke, my companion and I brought home a discarded water heater and put it in our roommates bedroom as a practical joke. Ahh, the memories!

1 comment:

Horsley5 said...

I didn't know you served a mission - tell me about it.