Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Now what?

For those of you who read the post a couple weeks ago about going through boxes of childhood *tchatchkes, this intriguing email was waiting in my inbox this morning.

"Hi I found a box labeled "Jennifer's ceramics off the shelf" which we will bring you tomorrow. Then if you do not have plans we can go get something to eat. If you have other plans that is OK too.Love, Dad"

Now, I know I painted several ceramics throughout my early years but never do I remember them occupying "the shelf". And is this a box I packed up or is it one that my mom did on my behalf when she realized she needed the space? And, this just occurred to me, are they knick-knacks I made or are they just breakables I picked up over the years? I can hardly wait to see what is in there. I distinctly remember a cute, gray bunny...will it be in there? Another few hours and I'll have the answer.

*The spelling of tchatchkes brought to you by "The Yiddish Handbook: 40 Words You Should Know"

1 comment:

The Lighthearts said...

I have always loved the word Tchatchkes. It just sounds so cool. I hope the contents of the box didn't disappoint and you enjoyed another trip down memory lane. I'm anxious to hear all about it.