Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tech Support

So, today when signing on to my work computer, I was prompted to change my password. Apparently the computer decided I'd had the one I was using long enough. For years now, I've used basic variations of the same password. Only now, I get confused about which variation is used with which password-needing situation and often get locked out due to too many password misfires. (Side note: is there anything for which we DON'T need a username and password?) Today I decided to pick something completely different and totally easy-to-remember.

Imagine my embarrassment when this afternoon I had computer problems and had to tell the internal tech support guy that my password is Sassypants77! Now he'll never forget my password either.

5 comments:

Leigh said...

I love it!!!!

Stephanie said...

That is a memorable one. Cute...

Laura said...

that just made me laugh out loud. Funny story. Especially since Joel does so much consumer support for Google. I would love it if he got one like this!!

The Lighthearts said...

Now its my turn to ask for your address. :) Yes, surprise...I will be sending out Christmas cards this year.

Nicole said...

Hi Sassypants! :) Thanks for the card. I love getting mail. I told Santa that l want a hippopotamus for Christmas. We'll see if I get one.