Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Changing of the Guard


This is a very exciting day! I'm energized thinking of a new president in the White House. Our country has not been in a good place for quite some time. And I thought the weeks between election day and inauguration day would never pass. It is no secret that my political views are different than most of my family and I generally don't talk politics with my friends. Today, though, I can't not address the magnitude of this day. I have never been a person who cares about another's color, race, or religion and think it shows remarkable growth to have an African-American in the highest ranking office of the United States. I realize he has yet to prove himself, but for the first time in years, I feel hopeful and my approval rating is very high! Others have said it in a much more articulate manner, but simply stated, today I feel proud to be an American.

From The Wall Street Journal, I thought this was a fun, good-spirited letter from Jenna and Barbara Bush to Malia and Sasha Obama. Could you imagine being a child living in the White House?

No comments: