Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hot Child in the City

It has been so unbelievably hot here. Yesterday it was 110 degrees in my town and it's completely out of the ordinary. I haven't experienced heat this high since I lived in Arizona. Down there it's expected. Here? It's cause for leading storylines on the evening news. In fact, this morning I was watching Good Morning America while I got ready for work and they highlighted Portland and area suburbs at the top of the weather segment, saying they haven't seen highs like this in Portland in the 200-something years they've been keeping records. I may have gotten that wrong, as I was listening while at the same time lamenting that I 'd already broken a sweat. The high for today is supposed to be 107/108 degrees and tomorrow we're expecting a nice, balmy 100. First snowstorms that shut down the city in December and now record-breaking heat in July. What's happening to my temperate city? If you don't hear from me for awhile it's because I'm sweating so much my fingers are just slip-sliding across the keyboard and I'm unable to form complete sentences.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

YIKES, I hope you have AC. We are visiting Vegas during the hottest time of year, but at least every where you go is air conditioned. Good luck keeping cool

Nicole said...

I love it! Arizona heat. Maybe you were missing it so much that it came up north.