Monday, April 27, 2009

Wrong Number

I got in to work this morning and went through my normal routine: turned on the computer, put my lunch in the fridge, checked my emails and then checked my phone messages. Today there was only one. Some poor woman left a completely distraught message saying
"Hello, this is -----. I have called you before and I have made arrangements and I have given you the information. Now I'm tired of this game that you're playing. Come pick up the car. I don't want it. I can't afford it. I'm not making any other payment arrangements. COME pick up the car. Goodbye."

Throughout the message she's upset and by the end of the message she's in tears and I feel terrible listening to it! Obviously it's a wrong number and she didn't leave a phone number or anything so I'm unable to let her know she called the wrong company. ALthough, if I did have a way to contact her, would I? Or would it only make her feel worse to know a perfect stranger is privy to her personal woes?

I know she's only one of legions of people who are having financial problems these days but this is the first example that has landed directly in my voicemail inbox. Poor woman.

4 comments:

Laura said...

C'mon, Jen....did she *really* call the wrong number??? I'm just sayin'...

Leigh said...

How sad

Jen said...

Okay, okay...I *have* been moonlighting as a repo girl, but this time I swear I'm not involved!

Nicole said...

Repo... they're probably making good money nowadays... not a bad idea... I've been thinking of ways to bring in an income while Darrel is in grad school. I could definitely do that at night and make bank!

Oh and.. poor woman.