Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Making Progress!


I'm making progress! As a true Pacific-Northwesterner, I did not let the intermittent rain showers these past few days hold me back. All four beds are now weeded and looking so much better! Abby gets to go over and patrol the yard while I garden. Brett comes with me when he can. There is some evidence of mole activity and Abby is VERY interested in the mounds they leave behind. One particular bed held her interest so much, that she just stood there, staring at the ground cocking her head back and forth. Is it possible she hears and/or smells some critter below ground plotting against my efforts? So far, all that has gone in the ground are some summer bulbs (glads, lilies), carrots, radishes, and a couple lavender plants. But there is much more to come!!


















Abby helping Brett with the weeds.















The rhubarb making a strong comeback!




















The front of the John Tigard house.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I have some experience exterminating moles. Let me know if you need some suggestions dealing with them. For the most part moles just eat worms and such. I don't know that they eat the plants but they can wreak havoc in the beds.