Wednesday, June 3, 2009

How does your garden grow?

I'm really excited about this year's garden. It's nowhere near as prolific as others in my family, but for me - a limited, container-based setup - it's not too shabby. I'm growing lots of tomatoes, several varieties of peppers, lemon cucumbers, cantaloupe, and many many herbs. Someday, when I have more space, I would love to sustain my entire produce needs. I'm also growing various plants and flowers for beauty: dahlias, violas, balloon flowers, heron's bill, sedum, gerbera daisies, columbines, honeysuckle, English daisies, nemesia and others. It's so much fun to grow and nurture something and see it reach its plant potential. Is that how parenting is?

Honeysuckle

Mountain Magic Basil

English Daisies

4 comments:

Nicole said...

A woman after my own heart! I would love to garden and someday I will. Can I live through you vicariously until then? I look forward to seeing the full potential in bloom. Too bad I'm not close enough to sample the tasty results :)

Julia said...

color me jealous! how's about you travel to UT and give me a lesson on how to grow stuff because, honestly, i suck at it!

Jen said...

Ooooh, I could be a travelling garden consultant. Where was that option on career day?

Horsley5 said...

I am so impressed! Come my way first when you start your tour!

Something like kids only the gratification comes faster with gardening :)