Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Things I've learned in the month of June:

  • If you stop to get the mail and leave your car idling at the mailbox bank with the door open, a random two-year-old WILL climb into your car.
  • If I'm buying book - whether a gift for me or someone else - and the only copy available is the movie tie-in cover, I'll go buy it somewhere else.
  • Reading a cupcake cookbook right before going to bed does not ensure sweet dreams... Though it should.
  • I'd rather read or garden than just about anything else.
  • Mistaking a teaspoon for a tablespoon in a recipe can lead to terrible, terrible results.
  • The only time I want to exercise is mid-morning when I'm at work. Strangely enough, when I get done with work and could actually do it, it's the last thing I want.
  • I am addicted to the library.
  • Waking up to my dog licking my armpit is by far the strangest way I have EVER started a weekend.
  • When the screen on your phone says Private Caller you should answer once in awhile. You never know who will be on the other end.
  • The sound of chirping birds makes me supremely happy.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Amen to number 2!! I don't know why that annoys me so much but it does..

Julia said...

i would also say that mistaking a tablespoon for a teaspoon can have dastardly results. especially when dealing with salt or baking soda/powder.

i agree with the library. love it. can't get enough of it.

Leigh said...

The one about the 2 yr old is hilarious!!

Great post :)