Saturday, August 18, 2007

Isn't the internet grand?

This is why I love the internet and email. I read an interesting article about the writer and poet Dorothy Parker the other day and decided I want to read a biography. I looked at the usual bookseller sites but was unable to determine which bio would be most true to its subject. And I hate wasting time on an unsatisfying book. So, I did the tiniest bit of sleuthing and now just two hours later I have an author, a title, and a strong recommendation. Thank you Mr. Kevin Fitzpatrick, boardmember of the Dorothy Parker Society located in New York for your helpful email!

Bit of trivia, Dorothy gave us the line "Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses."

Now I have one more book - What Fresh Hell is This? by Marion Meade - to add to my neverending list. I'm going to have to live to 150 to read them all. And that's only if they stop publishing books today. Otherwise, there will be another few thousand to add to the list over the next 120 years!

No comments: