Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Weekend Wedding

This past Saturday I attended my friend, Becky’s, wedding at Skamania Lodge in Stevenson, WA. I also dusted off my photography “skills” and acted as photographer for the event. It was fun having a task to keep myself engaged. The drive out to Stevenson was quite rainy, but I was still able to enjoy the scenic waterfalls and views of Columbia Gorge along the way. AND I was able to use my favorite bridge - The Bridge of the Gods - to cross over to Washington. How great is that name? It has a Native American connotation that evokes wistfulness and intrigue and heritage all rolled up into one. And I like the way the words sound rolling around in my mouth.
Jasmine, the flower girl, insisted on a photo with me!
Views from the lodge




Click here for more information on the Bridge of the Gods, both in modern terms and Native American legend. It’s interesting, especially if you’re familiar with Northwestern geography.


(I didn't take this picture.)

1 comment:

Horsley5 said...

I think you look so pretty in your picture with the flower girl!