Monday, April 28, 2008

Not for me

I have a confession. Every once in awhile I google old crushes and old boyfriends to see if I can find out what they're up to. And not so you think I'm a total freak I also look up people I used to know and in whom I never had a romantic interest. One of the easy places to start is MySpace. I have never had, nor do I ever intend to have, my own MySpace page. It's just not my thing. I do know lots of people who have pages, though. Why do people feel the need to make their page as busy as possible? I was looking at one today that had music blaring, a collage of pictures behind the text and flare everywhere. I was so overwhelmed and annoyed that it simply served to remind me why it's a good thing things didn't ever "work out" with this person. I could never support his MySpace layout! I have always felt simplicity is best. I'm not into frou-frou and this page was all about the pizzazz.

I googled my own name and came up with these superior(?) alter-egos:

Jennifer Kohler, Stanford biology professor
Jennifer Kohler, Ph.D.; director of the School for Professional Studies at Saint Louis University
Jennifer Kohler, grad student at Columbia
Jennifer Kohler, surrogate mother
Jennifer Kohler, New York lawyer

There are 1,416,416 people in the U.S. with the first name Jennifer. Statistically the 21st most popular first name.

There are 18,237 people in the U.S. with the last name Kohler. Statistically the 1,943rd most popular last name.

There are 85 people in the U.S. named Jennifer Kohler. You can figure out your own statistics here.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Fun info! There is only one of me!